Friday, October 12, 2012

Will you be imPRESSED?





The new imPRESS press on manicure by Broadway nails claims that you simply press it on your nail and it will last up to a week. I've always been a big fan of fakies so I had to try to these.

My first impression (pun intended, lol) is that the nails are very thick and so is the glue, so perhaps these are sturdy enough to actually hold up. Also the nail its self is colored all the way through so you don't have to worry about the polish chipping off unlike regular fakies. I like the shimmery pink color, "Control Freak", and the name is fitting as I certainly am one!
The first time with a new product always takes the longest but I had these babies on in less than 10 minutes, including all the time spent reading directions and prepping (simply wipe nails clean with the enclosed wet nap). I'd estimate having them on in less than 5 minutes next time, which means this first time Mom has time to do her nails again!

A major benefit to these versus the glue ons is that you have more control over position of the nail before you're committed, so it's less likely that you'll have a nail facing sideways. However, due to the thickness they look less like your real nail. I tend to push the fakies under my cuticle for a natural look but couldn't do that with these.

So far I'm giving these 3.5 blings, but stay tuned for an update because I'm reserving final judgement until I see how they hold up. Can they really last up to a week?!

~April

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!