Sunday, February 14, 2010

Feeling Blue
















Well I've been feeling down today since I got a red gift I was hoping NOT to receive today. So I'm swatching blue instead :) Two coats of each.

Colors are as follows:
Pinkie- "Pacific Blue" by Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear
Ring- "Ocean View" by Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear
Middle- "Celestial" by Pure Ice
Pointer- "Teal Takeoff" by Sally Hansen Insta-Dri



















So here's the breakdown:

Pinkie- "Pacific Blue" by Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear
The color is very different. Yes, that's good :) It was a bit thicker than I like (which is odd, because I can't stand thin polish), but covered smooth and could have even been left at just ONE coat! It had a medium dry time- faster than expected since it was thick. 4 Blings

Ring- "Ocean View" by Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear
I love this color! The pictures don't do it justice! A perfect ocean blue with just the right hint of green, FINALLY! With a husband who works in the cruise industry, a color like this is a must for me. It was a bit thin with medium opacity and a longer dry time, but sooooo worth it! 4.5 Blings

Middle- "Celestial" by Pure Ice
Very similar to "Ocean View" without the green undertones. I honestly didn't think this would hold up against the Sally Hansen's, but it had good medium opacity and thickness and it dried hard and fast! 4 Blings

Pointer- "Teal Takeoff" by Sally Hansen Insta-Dri
This was my FAVORITE. Nice rich deep color, great opacity, went on medium-thick (which I prefer- two coats is plenty), and dries rock hard, though a touch slower than "Celestial". 4.5 Blings

So I really liked all of these, but have to take them off since I didn't do a base coat, doh.

~April

2 comments:

Thank you for your comments!